In five short days, top security minds will descend on Las Vegas, Nevada for the 2011 BlackHat USA Conference. At the show, as we have previously mentioned, Fidelis will be running the “Decode This” contest, which will pay $1,000 to the first attendee to solve our puzzle. Please see below for full rules of the contest:
Decode This “Rules”
1. Contest begins at 8am PDT on Tuesday, August 3rd and ends at 4:45 pm PDT on Thursday, August 4th
2. BlackHat USA conference attendees are invited to join the contest:
a. Contestants are officially entered into the contest by having their badge scanned by a Fidelis employee in the booth (#603).
b. They will receive the puzzle in the form of a t-shirt or sticker. The puzzle contains a URL needed to gain the soft copy form of the puzzle which they is necessary to solve the puzzle.
- The puzzle will also be available on the Fidelis website at www.FidelisSecurity.com/BlackHat after 8am PDT on August 3rd
c. The first person to solve the puzzle wins $1,000.
- Contestants present their puzzle solutions to a Fidelis employee in the Fidelis BlackHat booth during booth hours (8/3-8 am-7:30 pm and 8/4 8am-4:45 pm) to be verified and declared the winner.
- Solutions to be handed in on paper prior to the next hint release. For multiple correct answers, a drawing will take place just before the next hint release.
- The winner will receive a prop check on site and a check will be mailed to him/her immediately following the event.
- Contestant winner is determined by Fidelis Security Systems booth personnel.
d. All other registered participants in the contest are eligible to win an iPad2. The winner will be drawn at the end of the conference and notified by email if not present in booth for drawing at 2 pm on August 4.
e. Nine clues will be distributed to the contestants throughout the two days via the following schedule. Clues will be given out LIVE in the Fidelis booth at these times. Fidelis team will tweet the clue http://www.twitter.com/fidsecsys) and place it on the site contest page.
1. August 3 – 10 am, 12:30 pm, 3 pm, 6 pm (all PDT)
2. August 4 – 8 am, 10 am, 12 noon, 2 pm, 4 pm (all PDT)
We are looking forward to seeing you there, and remember, all booth visitors who grab a t-shirt or sticker and register are entered into a drawing for an iPad 2.