Welcome to Fidelis XPS 6.4! This is a significant release for us, delivering several improvements we think our customers will love. Here's a quick overview of some of what's new:
- Improvements to our policy wizard make writing new rules a much more efficient process.
- While our sensors have supported IPv6 for years, we now support IPv6 for communication between sensors and CommandPosts.
- We've added lots of new decoders and improved on many of the older ones. Torrent files, executable binary files and flash content (among others) are now in the Fidelis XPS decoding repertoire.
- Fidelis XPS Mail customers can now allow end users to release their own quarantined e-mails.
- New password complexity rules are available in the GUI for administrators.
- Government and Defense customers: Common Access Cards (CAC) are now supported.
- The performance of the Export system has been optimized.
- CommandPost session timeout is now customizable via the GUI.
- …and more! Check the release notes, available from our customer support portal for all the details.
We have also released our May 2011 policy pack, which makes use of some of these new features and addresses recent concerns in the security community. This policy pack, freely available to Fidelis customers, can be downloaded from the Fidelis support portal.
Here's a short video to show you some of these new features in action.